I recently found out that my friend, Crystal, nominated me for the Kreative Blogger Award. Thank you! Please also visit her website as well!
The rules for the Kreativ Blogger Award are the following:
- Thank the person who nominated you and include a link back to their blog
- Share seven things about yourself
- Pass the award to seven nominees
Share 7 things about yourself:
- I have a black cat named James.
- I also have two red-ear sliders named Lilly and Milly.
- I studied visual arts and environmental studies in my undergrad.
- I am currently studying urban planning.
- My favourite mediums are pencil, pencil crayon and polymer clay.
- I have a great fondness for macrons.
- I like the colour purple.
I was interested in the origins of the award but all the entries I found when I googled “Kreativ blogger award” weren’t yielding results. The first few pages were of other bloggers who had received the award as well. Goggle helpfully suggest I add the word “origin” and I was able to come across Simon’s blog.
To sum up his post, the award was created by designer, Hulda, from Norway back in 2008 using paper. Between then and now, someone used the idea, created a new image and added the word “award.” One thing that stuck out to me after reading Simon’s blog was his point about how much the rules are like a chain letter.
It is difficult now for me to shake the notion off that this is a chain letter since I’ve never been much of a fan of them. Therefore, I’ve opted to select a few blogs I feel are a good read about miniatures. I couldn’t come up with seven because I’ve been busy the last while and haven’t been keeping up with them. If any of the owner of any of these blogs come across this, feel free to consider yourself “nominated.” Cheers!