I thought it would be a nice thing to start something called Monday Memos.It will be interesting to jot down notes and things I’ve done each week so I can actively see the progress I’ve made.
Also, I know that with sites like Facebook, twitter, etc, because so many people use them, things can quickly be buried. This will be a useful short entry every Monday, starting today where I will recap all I’ve done the previous week. I backtracked a bit to May 1st because it seemed like a good place to starts, let’s go!
May 1 to May 8, 2011
- Had and interview to have my business plan looked over, it was suggested I broaden my horizons and look into craft fairs and conventions
- I looked for at consignment boxes, craft fairs and conventions as well as worked on my cashflow
- Made my first upload to Etsy: Ladybug & Bee Cupcake Earrings
- Designed and made the stamp for my dog cupcake earrings
- Went shopping and got supplies, my new toaster oven and a tasting party set for my items to be displayed in for pictures
May 9 to May 15, 2011
- Learned how to make pretty flowers and used them to make my mother her Mother’s Day gift
- I was accepted into Toronto Etsy Street Team I was very excited and offered to help them with blogging and twitter
- Worked on my card and labels, trying to come up with a good logo and how to design my business card the way I wanted it. The final result can be found here
- I got my first feature on Etsy: First Sale Celebration
- There was a sale at Michel’s for polymer clay so I quickly stocked up. Yay for sales!
- Started making my cupcake bases for Anime North ’11.
May 16 to May 22, 2011
- Spent most of the week working on my flower cupcake designs (red, yellow, orange, green, blue, purple, pink and brown), bases (vanilla and chocolate), frosting and flower decorations. I leaned, like when cooking in real life, only make what you need as I ended up having some of my icing dry out and crack, forcing me to remake them.
- Got my first set of cards from Vista Print, there was some ink residue on half of the cards. When I called, they quickly sent me a new batch with no fuss. Warning, don’t print cards with boarders as it is hard to keep them aligned correctly so it wanders. Aside from that I was very happy with how the my cards came out.
May 23 to May 29, 2011
- Without telling me, my father bought my bee cupcake earrings for my mom! Thanks for the first sale, dad!
- Made my dog and bunny cupcake earrings, as well as my cupcake pendants
- Came up with my idea for my draw where the winner would get a pair of customized earrings, more info can be found here
- I got my replacement cards as well as my Jennings JZ 560 Pocket Scale so I can now accurately measure how much clay I use for each item!
- Learned how to make better loops for my items and put my earrings and pedants all together for Anime North’11
- Anime North was between Friday May 28 to Sunday May 29th. I was in the crafter’s Corner, it was a real eye opener and an overall tiring but fun experience! I will have a better recap of the con in a later blog post.
That is up to now!